Do lemons really deserve all the hype?
I think so, yes.
If you subscribe to multiple health related blogs, like I, you will see and scroll through articles and posts about the benefits and uses of the beautiful citrus fruit, lemon.
- Embody strong antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting powers.
- Contain citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene.
- Promote the immune system and fight infection
Here are 5 benefits to drink warm lemon water in the morning:
1. Hydrates your body! With chronic dehydration infiltrating our society, hydrating upon awakening can deter many negative side effects: feeling sluggish and tired, decreasing immune function, constipation, and lack of mental clarity.
2. Clears Skin. The antioxidants and vitamin C help decrease wrinkles and blemishes while combating free radical damage. It’s alkaline nature kills types of bacteria known to cause acne.
3. Helps you lose weight. Pectin fiber found in the lemon assists in fighting hunger cravings.
4. High in potassium. Potassium is necessary for heart, brain and nerve function.
5. Helps aid digestion. Once you begin this ritual, you will know exactly what this means. Things begin to move soon after the morning ritual takes place. Lemon water looses toxins in your digestive tract and helps with indigestion, burping, and bloating. (Source).
Hippie Tip: Mix it up! Add Cayenne, Ginger, Tumeric & black pepper too to help with absorption, Apple Cider Vinegar, and/or Manuka honey.
Need a few tips on how to start this morning ritual safely? Click here!
Live Hippily… and embrace the power of lemons!
Here are more resources covering the power of lemons!