Feeling run down or maybe a little something coming on?
‘Tis the season.
We all know how it starts… with a little tickle in the back of our throat.
It could go two ways… full blown OR we can take precautions and help our bodies fight that naughty little bug.
Help your self by implementing these 6 Steps to Naturally Boost your Immune System:
- Lemon Water infused with Manuka Honey – Lemon water (including zest if organic) provides the body folate, potassium, and vitamin C. Pair with Manuka honey to increase antibacterial and anti-fungal properties along with restoring energy and supporting immune system. Read more about the benefits of this ritual here.
- Oregano Oil – THIS ANTI OIL is… antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiparasitic, an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-allergenic substance… this disinfectant and antibacterial essential oil can be employed to fight respiratory infections, viruses, bacteria, and parasites.
- Ginger and Turmeric Tea – Ginger paired with Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory potion that helps relieve pain naturally and alleviate respiratory infections. (Click here for recipe)
- Garlic – containing the virus fighting allicin, crushed garlic is a powerful way to help boost immunity. Eat it crushed and raw… once crushed allow to sit for about 10 minutes to allow enzymes to turn into potent healing powers. Add to guacamole and salad dressings are two easy ways to ingest raw garlic.
- Sleep! Rest helps us heal and keep us healthy.
- Hydrate! Drinking plenty of fluids assists mucous membranes and immune cells to defend against viruses.
What do you do to help your immunity during the cold and flu season?
Live Hippily… and support your immunity!