Seriously so simple.
Why buy almond butter with sugar, hydrogenated fats, and silly additives?
Make your own and never go back to the store for more.
Homemade almond butter is loaded with beneficial minerals, calcium, copper, magnesium and the lovely Vitamin E. Almond butter offers healthy fats and fiber!
All you need is a food processor, almonds, vanilla, and Himalayan sea salt.
Homemade Almond Butter Ingredients:
- 2.5 cups roasted unsalted organic raw almonds (you can also sub for cashews)
- 1 cup sprouted almonds (optional or just use additional raw nuts)
- salt to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper and spread almonds evenly. Bake for 10 minutes. If it’s your first time… keep an eye on them the last couple minutes to make sure they don’t burn. Every oven is unique so embrace it’s uniqueness 😉
Place roasted almonds and sprouted almonds (optional) in food processor and turn on… About 20 seconds of processing, add vanilla and salt. Start with about 1/4 tsp of salt. Once the almonds have transformed into a creamy and delicious butter… it’s ready to enjoy the fruits… or nuts of your labor.
- Add cinnamon or your favorite sweet inspired spices to mix up flavor profile.
- Add a little sweetness! Raw and unfiltered honey is my current preference 🙂 Maple Syrup or organic brown rice syrup are great options too! Or just nix the sweetener! It’s really yummy just the way it is!
- Use on apples, celery (ants on a log, yo!), mix in smoothies, and our favorite toast with bananas and chia seeds. Boom!
Do you make your own almond butter? Are you going to give it a go? I’d love to know 😉
Live Hippily… and embrace making your own almond butter… it does make you feel like a hippie!