Seriously so simple.
Why buy nut butters with sugar, hydrogenated fats, and silly additives?
Make your own and never go back to the store for more.
Homemade nut butter is loaded with beneficial minerals, calcium, copper, magnesium and the lovely Vitamin E… They also are full of healthy fats and fiber!
All you need is a food processor, organic nuts,, and Himalayan sea salt.
Homemade ANut Butter Ingredients:
- 2.5 cups roasted unsalted organic nuts (my favorite are almonds and cashews)
- sea salt to taste (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper and spread nuts evenly. Bake for 10 minutes. If it’s your first time… keep an eye on them the last couple minutes to make sure they don’t burn. Every oven is unique so embrace it’s uniqueness 😉
Place roasted nuts in food processor and turn on… About 20 seconds of processing add in sea salt. Start with about 1/4 tsp of salt. Once the nuts have transformed into a creamy and delicious butter… it’s ready to enjoy the fruits… or nuts of your labor.
- Add cinnamon or your favorite sweet inspired spices to mix up flavor profile.
- Add a little sweetness! Raw and unfiltered honey is my current preference 🙂 Maple Syrup or organic brown rice syrup are great options too! Or just nix the sweetener! It’s really yummy just the way it is!
- Use on apples, celery (ants on a log, yo!), mix in smoothies, raw desserts, and our favorite toast with bananas and chia seeds. Boom!
Do you make your own nut butter? Are you going to give it a go? I’d love to know 😉
Live Hippily… and embrace making your own nut butter… it does make you feel like a bit of a hippie!