This is proof that eating clean and nourishing food is HEAVENLY!!! Smoothies just make me happy. They are super easy to throw together, can be super nutrient-dense, and can replace a meal.
In my detox program we consume one nutrient-dense smoothie every day. What I love is that many of my clients that do the program, continue making smoothies!
This is by far one of my favorite recipes. It’s full of healthy fats, protein, fiber, and greens… everything that makes a smoothie satiating, full of nutrients, and SO yummy!
Let’s do this…
- 1 whole avocado (small – medium sized)
- 2 frozen bananas (you can use unfrozen.. just add a handful of ice)
- 1 pitted date
- 1 scoop of greens powder (or a handful of greens… maybe both!) Need help sourcing a clean and yummy greens powder? I can help with that!
- 1 heaping Tbsp of flaxseeds (tip: never buy ground up flaxseeds, they oxidize and go rancid quickly. Just buy whole and grind up and consume right away OR put in your smoothies!
- 2 Servings of grass fed, pasture raised collagen (or any protein powder you prefer. I like this collagen.
- 2 tbsp of a healthy fat. I love raw, unfiltered flax seed oil, coconut oil, MCT oil, or even a high quality extra virgin olive oil!
- 1 tsp cinnamon (try and source organic Ceylon Cinnamon!)
- 1/4 cup Grass-Fed Kefir (optional but so good for your gut!)
- 2-3 cups nut/seed milk (Make your own! Check this blog post out on how to do just that!)
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Divide into two servings… sprinkle a little cinnamon on top, then enjoy!
If you love this type of recipe, check out my 21 Days of Clean Eating program! I give you TONS of clean eating recipes, and lots of resources to help you on your journey towards optimal health! There’s no guess work. I provide you everything you need…. the only thing required from you is a willingness to shift out of a lifestyle that no longer serves you.
Let me know if you try this smoothie! I’d love to know!
With love, Becky