The list goes on and on.
There are so many beneficial uses for this incredible stuff. If you haven’t discovered Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother!) yet.. you are welcome.
From aiding and healing digestive systems to toning the skin, ACV is versatile, powerful and simply amazing.
The active ingredient, Acetic Acid, has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
12 Uses and Benefits:
- Can help kill pathogens, including bacteria – great to use in DIY cleaners.
- Treats nail fungus and lice.
- Helps treat ear infections.
- Helps with weight loss by increasing satiety – drink 2 tbsp in 8 oz of water before each meal.
- Helps alleviate sore muscles – soak with 1 cup in bath or apply directly.
- Anti-itching agent – apply directly to bite/area of concern.
- Facial Toner – soak cotton ball and apply to face.
- Sooth Sunburns – apply directly or soak in bath with 1 cup ACV.
- Helps body combat candida – drink 2 tbsp up to 3 times daily.
- Treats Sore Throat – Gargle with a mixture of about one-third cup of apple cider vinegar mixed with warm water as needed.
- Treats Sinus Congestion.
- Warts begone! Apply a cotton ball soaked in vinegar and applying it to the wart, covered, overnight. Let the magic happen.
“Apple cider vinegar has additionally been dubbed a weapon by scientists at the A.P. John Institute for Cancer Research. In April 2005, the institute announced that acetic acid effectively kills cancer cells by “starving” them of the energy they need to develop. This makes apple cider vinegar valuable in cancer prevention, and a natural way to do so!” (Source)
We use this magical tonic daily. I aim to drink 2 tbsp diluted with 8 oz. of water before each (or one) meal daily. When I do this, I feel fuller faster and longer. EVERYTIME.
Here are a few easy ideas to incorporate ACV in your day:
ACV Salad Dressing:
4 tbsp ACV
4 tbsp Hemp Oil (sub. olive oil)
1 large clove of pressed garlic
1/2 inch scallion minced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp red miso (optional)
1 tsp of honey (optional… helps balance acidity)
1 lemon (juice of and if organic add a little lemon zest)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix ingredients together well and add to any greens and chopped veggies.
Hippie Tip: Utilize your blender and add ingredients into a blender with a whole avocado… mix, serve, boom.
On your freshly washed face, use a cotton ball and soak in ACV.
Apply to entire face and feel it go to work! Let it sit for about 3-5 minutes then apply oil or moisturizer.
Mosquito bites and skin irritations:
ACV is awesome when combating skin irritants. Apply neat to bites and or skin infections.
Add a cup to bath water. Soak to absorb benefits and help calm irritable skin.
How do you use ACV? Please share!
Live Hippily… and with the mother!
Sources other great resources on this magical tonic: