I’m all about dips. You make a big batch and there they are waiting to be eaten when you’re starving… they last for days in the fridge and when you make them with real, whole, nourishing ingredients… they can help you stay on track. It’s all about prepping and preparing my friends.
This classic homemade hummus recipe is one I’ve been using for years! Super easy, really yummy, and nourishing. Boom.
Let’s do this:
- 3 cups cooked garbanzo beans (I LOVE Eden foods option)
- 1 cup garbanzo bean liquid (use the water after cooking or the liquid in the can).
- 1/4 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 tsp cumin
- Sea salt to taste (I like a lot)
- Drain garbanzo beans (save liquid!)
- Put ALL ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Blend until it forms a creamy texture.
- Store in an air-tight glass container in refrigerator.
I love serving with veggies, as a dressing over salads, in wraps, or with my favorite crackers from Simple Mills or Mary’s Gone Crackers. It’s also a great dish to entertain or bring to your friend’s BBQ.
If you love this recipe and are looking for more ways to clean up your food, check out my new book, The Hippie Mom’s Guide to clean eating!
For a limited time I’m giving access to this 94 page creation of ALL my top tricks and tips on:
1. How to clean up your food
2. What foods & ingredients to avoid
3. How to decipher ingredient lists
4. How to avoid GMO foods and pesticides on produce
5. What TO eat and how to nourish your body
6. Grocery shopping & Meal Planning resources
7. How to buy meat and seafood
8. How to curb cravings
9. Links to my favorite products, foods, and resources.
10. SO much more.
This is over a $450 value, I’m offering it now for $38. Click here to download. https://www.thehippiemoms.com/offers/N3EPyizr
It’s takes out all the guess work and empowers you to advocate for YOUR and your family’s health. It’s up to US to make changes and learn to decipher through all the confusing and green-washed marketing tactics to keep you stuck and sick.
I also just launched my new 14-Day Gut Reset Program. If you are ready to reset your gut click here!
Nourish your body and learn to live free of chemicals and toxins. Now is the time!
With love and gratitude,
Nutritional Therapy Practitioner