I never could have imagined putting eggs in oatmeal…. but let me tell you, they not only add protein and all their goodness, but create almost a custard texture that makes plain old oatmeal more satiating and delicious.
Okay, no more small talk. Let’s do this…
Fluffy Sprouted Oatmeal
- 1 cup filtered water
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (Trader Joe’s has the best & cleanest organic canned coconut cream)
- 1 cup sprouted oats
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1 – 2 tbsp grass fed butter (use coconut oil if on detox)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (Ceylon cinnamon is the best)
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt (or to taste)
Heat water and coconut cream to a simmer in a saucepan. Once a slight boil has been created, add in the oats. Stir and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add in eggs and oil/butter and mix with a whisk for 1-2 minutes. Once the eggs have cooked and the oats have become fluffy, add in the vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well and heat for 30 seconds.
Transfer to 2 serving bowls.
- Grass fed unsweetened kefir
- Chia & hemp seeds
- Freshly ground flax meal
- Fresh or frozen organic berries
- Raw walnuts
- Greens powder
- For sweetness add pure monk fruit or raw stevia
- Raw unfiltered honey or pure maple syrup (if not on detox program)
What would you top with? Are you willing to add in a few eggs? I’m so curious!
Live Hippily… and fluff your oats, yo!