This recipe combines some of the most healing foods in all the land. Garlic, ginger, bone broth, ghee, turmeric, lemon, sea salt & pepper. There are SO many articles that speak to why all these foods are SO medicinal so I won’t bore you or make you scroll for 2 days before you get to the recipe.
Just know that nourishing the body with all these healing foods can be ideal especially when you aren’t feeling your best or your worst. We make these during the cold & flu season or anytime one of us feels like something may be coming on.
This can also be eaten/drank for a meal! The protein and fat content are perfect to create a satiating and nourishing liquid meal.
Quick note on bone broth. I’ll have a whole blog post coming soon on this subject, but in the mean time, it is SO important to note that bone broth is one of the most nutrient-dense and nourishing foods we can consume. It is loaded with all the nutrients we need to live and function at our best.
I usually make my own, but when I don’t, I only buy bone broth from Arizona Grass Raised Beef Company. They now deliver and I LOVE it! I love them so much, that I’m now an affiliate because more people need to know about them. I’m all about supporting and buying from conscious companies, and AZ Grass Raised Beef Co. is one of them. Click here to check them out!
If you do want to make your own, this is a great blog post, by Weston A. Price Foundation, with three recipes that you can begin your bone broth making journey on! There is also great insight to why this liquid is SO healing for our minds, body and soul.
Let’s do this:
Prep time: 5-20 minutes
Serves: 2 – 8 ounce servings
- 16 ounces of (heated) bone broth (homemade recipe coming soon. In the mean time scroll down for the recipes here).
- 2 Tbsp of grass-fed ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric or 1/4 inch fresh turmeric root (organic)
- 1/8 tsp of ground ginger or 1/2 inch fresh ginger root (organic)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 Tbsp of grass fed gelatin (optional and here’s my favorite brand)
- Sea Salt to taste (my very favorite brand)
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- Heat bone broth on stove top to a simmer in a saucepan.
- Add all other ingredients into high speed blender.
- Add bone broth to blender once it’s hot.
- Blend on medium-high for about a minute until creamy and frothy.
- Pour into mugs and enjoy right away!
Something good to know is that many people are taking turmeric supplements, but unless that turmeric is accompanied by fat and pepper (which slows metabolism) they aren’t absorbing the beneficial compound, curcumin. This anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory compound is AMAZINGLY beneficial for our health. I consume it almost daily.
Let me know if you try this recipe!
If you are looking for more amazing nourishing recipes and more insight to living clean and healthy, visit my website and check out my online clean eating programs and personalized nutritional therapy programs.
In love and health, Becky Wells