Does cooking help anyone else relieve stress? For me, being in my kitchen, creating nourishing foods, listening to soft jazz or meditative music helps me get into the flow and out of my head.
Last night I was decompressing from day 2 at home in isolation with 2 wild and extremely independent boys.
I started craving cabbage (weird, I know) and decided to make a huge batch of my cabbage slaw. Did you know, stress can deplete nutrients in the body.
It’s simple and so yummy served with any clean meat like wild-caught salmon or chicken… sometimes I’ll make breaded cod fried in beef tallow or ghee (recipe coming soon) and serve it up with this slaw… my mouth is watering. It’s also a great dish to bring to a BBQ, when we can attend those again 🙂
Cabbage is so good for us! It’s packed with so many nutrients, fiber, and is so good for your digestive tract! This salad is full of antioxidants, healthy fats, and tons of nutrients!
If you need a simple and nourishing slaw recipe, I got you covered.
- 1/2 large head of cabbage (any color is great) chopped in long thin slices. You can use a mandolin or just your knife.
- 5 green onions, cleaned and chopped
- 1/4 large red onion minced
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 2 medium pickles chopped
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1/8 cup of pickle juice
- 1/2 cup good quality mayo (I love primal kitchen or I make my own)
- 1 tsp of fresh or dried dill
- Salt & Pepper
- Place all ingredients into a big mixing bowl
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk together
- Drizzle dressing on salad and mix well. Eat right away or store in an airtight glass container and save in the fridge for up to 3 days!
Do you like slaw too? What do you love to add or take away? I love new ideas and inspiration! Please share 🙂
If you love these recipes, join me in one of my Clean Eating Courses… Tons of clean eating tips, recipes, and guidance helping you eat your way to health.