I LOVE DIPS… especially hummus!! Lately I’ve had a hard time finding organic hummus without a bunch of preservatives. I like to make my own, but taking those little shells of the garbanzo beans drives me a little crazy.
So with that… I have been motivated find some more dips that I can dip into.
I try to make one dip at least once a week. It’s my go-to for lunch when I’m momming out all day and don’t have time to have a proper meal.
This is one of the easiest I like to create. This combination is tangy, garlicy, and savory. Perfect to couple with raw veggies and crackers. It’s nice to mix it up… it keeps me from complete food boredom. Ya hear me?
This recipe was inspired by NUTRITIONSTRIPPED .
I took out a lot of the fancy ingredients and simplified it… 🙂
Let’s do this.
Raw Cashew Garlic Dip
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 2 hours or more… I usually soak them overnight)
- ¼ cup unsweetened and unflavored almond milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic (original recipe called for 2… but I like A LOT Of raw garlic. So do what you may.)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. white wine (wine you’d drink) or use 1 Tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard (optional, if you don’t like mustard just omit)
- Simply add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until thick and creamy.
- It will be the consistency of thawed or stirred cream cheese. This will further harden after it’s been chilled.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days.
- Enjoy with raw veggies, in wraps, with crackers, or with your fingers. 😉
There are SO many great recipes that call for soaked cashews… raw desserts, dips, and sauces. I’m definitely soaking them at least once a week. Paired with nutritional yeast, one can make a vegan cheese that can be added to almost any savory dish.
Do you use soaked cashews? Do you have a delicious dip? I love dips… did I mention that?
Live Hippily… and get soakin’.