I’m SOOOOOO happy Fall is here!
It’s time for pumpkins, sweaters, cuddling (actually all seasons call for cuddling), soups, and of course Seeded Pumpkin Muffins!!
This recipe was inspired by 100 days of real food’s whole-grain pumpkin muffins. Have to give credit where credit is due 😉
I’ve been making these for about a year now and my recipe always evolves. I like to mix it up and change them with the seasons… sometimes instead of pumpkin, I’ll add applesauce and shredded carrots or zucchini… options are endless. 🙂
I love hemp and chia seeds in almost anything that is paired with honey, so naturally they end up my muffins, smoothies, chocolate bark and quinoa chocolate (no bake) cookies.
I also replaced the butter for coconut oil… because coconut oil is awesome, duh.
Seeded Pumpkin Muffins
1 1/2 cup organic einkorn flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking powder (aluminium free!)
1/8 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup raw and unfiltered honey or maple syrup
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line muffin pan with liners and set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry (first 8) ingredients
- Make a hole in the center of the bowl and place in eggs, honey, and coconut oil. Mix together until smooth… don’t over mix.
- Fold pumpkin JUST until combined. Over mixing will makes muffins dense and not so delish.
- Divide batter into the 12 muffin cups (about 3/4 full) and bake until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean (18-20 minutes).
- Store at room temperature or freeze for another day!
Do you have a favorite muffin recipe? Please share!
Live hippily… and make some love, muffins!