Anti-inflammatory, super food infused, and crazy good? Yes it’s a salad.
I try to use sprouted seeds/grains/legumes as much as I can. The health benefits are incredible as the sprouting process…
- Makes the nutrients bio-available for human digestion
- Increases the vitamin content which naturally stabilizes the essential fatty acids
… and because of the increased level of bio-available these essential nutrients are absorbed more efficiently.
The beautiful thing about making “chopped type” salads you can add in or take away ingredients of which you don’t have or aren’t a fan of.
Different flavors, textures, and colors that mimic the rainbow is what I go for. Just mix it up an create something yummy, healthy and satisfying! I make a big batch and eat it for days 🙂
Providing a variety of veggies and add-ins keeps the meals ever-changing and never boring.
So here is the base of the salad… make it your own and feel the goodness 🙂
Sprouted Quinoa and Lentil Salad
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 2 cups chopped greens (massaged kale, spinach, arugula)
- 3 medium green onions chopped
- 1 half red, yellow, or orange pepper chopped
- 1 cup micro greens (optional)
- 1 cup cooked sprouted quinoa (Love this brand)
- 1 cup cooked spouted green lentils (Dig this brand)
- handful of basil and/or parsley chopped
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (if lemon is organic)
- juice from one lemon
- 1 large clove of garlic crushed or minced
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother)
- 1/8 cup Avocado or Hemp Oil
- 1 tbsp of Miso (optional) This is the brand I love… I pick it up from Whole Foods.
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt (Try this kind)
- Pepper to taste
- Hemp Seeds
- Sprouted Almonds
- Goji Berries
- Sprouted Ground Flax
- Fermented veggies (beets, cabbage, etc.)
- Sprouts or micro greens
Add all the salad base ingredients to a bowl. Mix all dressing ingredients in a small glass bowl and mix with a whisk until well combined.
Poor dressing all over salad and mix well. Serve individually and add in favorite toppings! Boom.
Do you have a favorite recipe with Lentils? Please share!
Live Hippily…. and just mix it up 🙂