This recipe was a huge part of our detox week meal plan. Sprouting grains increases many of the grains nutrients as they are more bioavailable and easier to digest.
This meal was filling, satisfying, and instead of feeling heavy after a meal (which is common for most), I felt light and with lots of energy. I love that I can make a couple batches and have it ready to eat when I am ready to eat!
Okay, enough talk (type) let’s do this:
Sprouted rice medley salad:
- 6 cups sprouted rice (already cooked) you can sub quinoa or other grains as well.
- 3 small celery stalks cut in small pieces
- 1 cup parsley (diced well)
- 1/2 red pepper (diced)
- 1 green apple diced and peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots, dried blueberries, or dried cherries (mix in only if planning a single serving salad)
Directions: Mix all ingredients together in a big bowl. If making in advance squeeze 1/4 lemon juice to hold apple from turning brown.
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 tsp of lemon zest (organic lemon only)
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1 tbsp of cold-pressed flaxseed oil
- 1 tbsp of high quality EVO
- 4 tbsp of ACV (with the Mother)
- salt and pepper
- spice with my favorite everyday seasoning (Grind to a Salt by Simple Organics)
Directions: Mix all ingredients in a mason jar. Shake and pour onto salad when serving. If you need more dressing, just add in more ACV and/or lemon juice, salt, pepper, and seasoning.
If you make a double recipe to have for the week, keep salad base, dried fruits, and dressing separate. Mix right before serving.
Do you have a favorite and filling salad recipe you love? Please share!
Live Hippily… and sprout your grains (or just buy them that way)!